Money ain’t the only way to get paid.
It’s not because you’re working for zilch, that you’re working for free.
Here’s a short list of what you get while working for “free”:
– You learn more about your customer’s industry.
– You get better and more efficient at doing what you do (supposedly) for a living.
– You enrich your portfolio.
– You have the freedom to explore new ways to do your work since you’re not trading anything for money.
– You make one customer happy, who will probably give you a shout-out and let other potential customers aware of your skills.
Work is never free.
Somehow, you get paid, even if it’s not with money.
And sometimes, if not all the time, you’ll be paid with something that’s way more valuable than money itself.